Sunday, February 1, 2009

Drugstore Haul, EOTD and food xD

Before I start with my haul and EOTD (read: eyes of the day), in line with my own slogan written in the bottom of the page, "FASHION IS LIKE FOOD, THEY ARE STARTED WITH AN F AND BOTH ARE FEEDING YOUR SOULS"

I just want to show off my cooking ability. About two weeks ago, I cooked stir-fried scallops with sugar snap peas. Below is how the result looked like. 
Enjoy the food first, before we get into the haul part!


Here you go!

Today, I went to a drug store to buy shampoos, heat protector for my hair and whatnot. In a sudden, I remember her and her contest's prize a while ago so I thought I will give it a try. I actually realized that nude lipstick never really suit me, because my lips are naturally pale and nude, so having a nude lipstick, brownish lipstick - whatever -  will make my lips even paler and unattractive. But, somehow, I still believe that there must be one kind of nude lipstick that will suit me, I just have to find it! When I swatched GOSH velvet lipstick in darling (7.99 eur) on the back of my hand, I thought,"Wow, this is not so bad at all, it's not as brown as my mac honey love, which doesn't suit me completely. Maybe this is the one!" 

That's that, I know I am a sucker so I brought that to the cashier and paid that along with three other pigments from GOSH in Meringue, Butterfly and Satin (6.99 eur each) and an eye shadow quad from Rimmel (9.99 eur). I know, I don't expect good pigmentation from the eye shadow quad, but I thought, I didn't really have a silver and grey eye shadows for every day make up and I believe for every day make up, I don't need good pigmentation. When I swatched them on, the colour pay off was quite good (up to my standard) so I also picked it to the cashier. 

Here you go!

GOSH Pigments in Satin, Meringue and Butterfly 

GOSH Lipstick in Darling (134)

Rimmel Eye shadow Quad in 001 Smokey Noir

Swatches: Meringue - Satin - Butterfly


My verdict:
  • Rimmel Quad: I don't recommend people to buy their colourful eye shadows, I bought this because I see it as my daily necessity. You know what I mean, right? If you have the money, you should just go to MAC or Nars and buy their eye shadow. 
  • GOSH pigments: the pigmentation is also not as good as mac pigment, these are more like micro glitters, which are quite good if you just want to spark your eye make up. Or, you can mix the GOSH pigment in meringue (the left one in the swatch picture above) with your foundation to get a glowy canvass. 
  • GOSH Velvet Lipstick: The quality is quite good actually, I might buy another colour in the future. 
Now, on to my eyes of the day(Request from my honeybee). Please excuse my blemishes and oily forehead. 




Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy! Next post will be about my sort of 'new vanity area' and my skin care regime. Bear with me! 

Doei!

PS:
  • I can't stop laughing at the last picture of my EOTD, look at my bottom lip! Somehow I like to pout my bottom lip in all of my EOTD pictures today. I was a bit hesitant to post this picture, na ja... whatever! Hahaha...
  • And in this picture, I wore the nude GOSH lipstick on with Lancaster glamour gloss in coral colour (I ripped off the name nor the number of the lipgloss! Sorry!)
  • I really need to have my eyebrows groomed!

No comments: