Monday, February 23, 2009

FAQ - Beauty Addict

1. On average, for application of your typical day-to-day work/college makeup, how long do you spend?

I do my make up, my hair and dress up all at the same time every time I go out. I am a bit all over the place, you know?! Usually, to get the result I want it will take me one and half hours, but one hour is enough for me to get ready. 


2. On average, for application of your going out/special makeup, how long do you spend?

It's the same as the answer for Q1, it takes me around 1 to 1.5 hours to get ready. No matter what!

3. If you were to be stranded on a desert island, which 4 products would you want with you?

Before I start answering, I just want to let you know that this question has been asked to my friends to test how well they do know me. Most of them said I would bring a suit case full of make up, shoes, and clothes. When I read it, it really sounds shallow actually xD and I guess it's not true, when I know I will get stranded somewhere, maybe I will bring lot and lotsa canned food (with the can opener of course) and bottle water. 

But in the case of make up, I will bring with me (I won't bring make up as noone  will see me with it anyway!):
  • my holy grail product, Biotherm moisturizer
  • La roche posay skin toner for sensitive skin
  • Tanning oil with sun protector (SPF 25)
  • leave in conditioner for my hair

4.What beauty 'must haves' do you always carry in your handbag?

I am obsessed with lips, I never touch up my make up, but I always get very annoyed when I forgot to bring my lips products like lip balm, lip gloss anything. When the product I put in the morning came off, I really feel the urge to put on (I try as much not to let my lips get dried).

5. Which drugstore brand would be your favourite?

I don't have any particular feeling to any of the drug store brand, but most of the time I will end up with Maybelline or Bourjois. Now, I got sucked into buying more and more GOSH, this girl really sell it to me.

6. High Street or High End makeup?

If I have the money, there is no doubt that I will go for the high end brands. But for now, I try to minimize my make up expense; as a consequence, I buy 'important' products such as foundation, concealer, primers from the high end brands and 'not-so important' products like eye shadow, mascara,etc.  from high street brands.

Sometimes, high street brands are not that bad either. You just need to experiment a bit. 

7. On average, how long does it take you to get dressed/select your outfit?

I always do my make up, hair and choosing my clothes all at the same time, so I cannot tell. It also depends whether I have already planned an outfit the night before or not; it really saves time but I am always too lazy to do that in a regular basis.

8. On average, how long does it take you to get ready for a special occasion/night out?

1 to 1.5 hours.

9. If you could only choose one item of clothing from your wardrobe, ie jeans which would be your favourite?

Without taking the shitty weather here into account, I think I will go with a nice summery dress. 

10. What outfit gives you instant feel-good factor?

A cute dress, black opaque tights, shoe-boots (or any killing shoes that match with the rest), with edgy accessories will do!

11. Which shops do you favour?

I love River Island, I also love Urban Outfitter but unfortunately they don't have any branch here and they aren't willing to ship to the Netherlands either. I don't deny that I buy a lot from Zara and Mango, but it's mainly because those are easily accessible and affordable.

12. High Street or High End clothes?

Again, if someday I don't need to worry about money, I will surely go for the high end, even though I am also 100% sure that I can't keep myself away completely from those high-street brands because I just love the idea of spending money on clothes, shoes, belts, etc.
Looking at the runway shows and the products they have to offer, I think I am gonna go with Lanvin, Burberry Prosum, LV and channel as my fave high end designer brands.

2 comments:

Andrei B. said...

Hello Eunice, I found ur Interesting blog all about mode, did u student of scool mode? good taste and sense indeed ^_^

Rgds,

Andrei

The tai-tai (wannabe) said...

hi andrei.... no, Unfortunately I am only a marketing student..hehehe =) thanks for visiting!