Friday, January 16, 2009

Review: Maybeline Mascaras

So, here I am trying to do a review about two different maybeline mascaras. I love a cheap drug-store brand mascara because it works amazingly and inexpensive. Lately, I bought the new comer, Maybeline the Colossal Volume Express Mascara (the yellow one - see picture below) for around 12 euro (I don't remember precisely) and according to the Maybeline's official website, it's supposed to create nine times the volume instantly with no clumps. But.... somehow, it doesn't do the job for me...I am very disappointed after all.

So this is my bare eye (see, I don't even seem to have any single eye lashes), which I didn't do anything prior to mascara application. I didn't put any mascara primer either. (bear with me -  I don't have any make up on ma face..so it may look a bit scary xD)

Then, I curled my eye lashes on both eyes with my Shu Uemura eye lashes curler (see my review on Shu Uemura's eye lashes curler in the previous entry). So, after the curling process, my eye lashes were raising up on high and then I applied the colossal mascara, it did the job... but it only lasted for a couple seconds (really... literally...after I am done with my other eyes, my eye lashes on which I applied the Maybeline Colossal on have gone down a bit like this... see the picture below!)

And after a day, the lashes would definitely go down like there is no mascara to make it stand up.

Where is the 9x volume which is promised???????

Now, up to the second one, Maybeline Lash Define. I believe the price for this one is about the same range as the colossal one. I bought this one twice already and so far I am very satisfied.


Unlike the Colossal one, this one has a flexible wand. At first, I got so annoyed with it, but now I adore the wand because it can be bent and reach the tiny lashes in the corner of my eyes and near the tear duct area.

According to the website, this Maybeline's eye lashes definition will give your lashes no clumps and create stunning length as well as clean definition, which I think is really true.

So, I did the same step to my bare lashes; after I curled my lashes I applied this mascara instead. Below is the result.


Can you see the difference???? I think this one above is more defined, longer and believe me, it stays like this till the end of the day. Ask my boyfriend for a proof. xD

So... I hope this review is helpful to you guys. Have a good one!

No comments: